Human Nature: Planet Earth in Our Time
12 / 12 / 2020Return to Blog
I’m also honored to have contributed to Human Nature: Planet Earth In Our Time in which 12 of today’s most influential nature and conservation photographers address important environmental concerns of our time.
The featured photographers are:
- Joel Sartore
- Paul Nicklen
- Ami Vitale
- Brent Stirton
- Frans Lanting
- Brian Skerry
- Tim Laman
- Cristina Mittermeier
- J Henry Fair
- Richard John Seymour
- George Steinmetz
- Steve Winter
Alongside their reflections, they present curated selections from their photographic careers.
Stories and extraordinary images from around the world come together in a powerful call to awareness and action.
- The United Nations has declared that nature is in more trouble now than at any other time in human history.
- Extinction looms over one million species of plants and animals.
- Human Nature wrestles with challenging questions: What do we have? What do we stand to lose?
This book offers inspiration to environmentalists, activists, photography fans, and anyone concerned about the future of our world.
- This illuminating book tackles our modern environmental future through the lens of preeminent photographers
- Great gift for photographers, nature enthusiasts, those who enjoy backpacking and camping, and anyone who cares about Earth’s climate and future
- Add it to the shelf with books like National Geographic The Photo Ark Vanishing: The World’s Most Vulnerable Animals by Joel Sartore, The Sixth Extinction: An Unnatural History by Elizabeth Kolbert, and Dire Predictions: The Visual Guide to the Findings of the IPCC by Michael E. Mann and Lee R. Kump
Learn more and get your copy today at Chronicle Books.
You May Also Enjoy
My photograph of keeper Joseph Wachira comforting Sudan, the last living male northern white rhino, as he laid dying at the Ol Pejeta Conservancy in Kenya in March 2018 was among the works that most resonated with National Geographic’s 200 million Instagram followers. To celebrate the 10th anniversary of their account, National Geographic is looking back [ … ]
There is no better time than the start of the year to explore talented photographers who all have the power to inspire others. Each one of them with a unique visual voice and creative approach, these are ten female photographers you should know and follow…. Ami Vitale is an American photographer and filmmaker who captures impactful [ … ]
Photographer Ami Vitale documents endangered species and the powerful bonds they share with their caretakers. This week on the My Modern Met Top Artist Podcast, we interview Vitale and get a behind-the-scenes look at how she captured some of her most legendary pictures. Listen now here.