Human Nature: Planet Earth in Our Time
12 / 12 / 2020Return to Blog
I’m also honored to have contributed to Human Nature: Planet Earth In Our Time in which 12 of today’s most influential nature and conservation photographers address important environmental concerns of our time.
The featured photographers are:
- Joel Sartore
- Paul Nicklen
- Ami Vitale
- Brent Stirton
- Frans Lanting
- Brian Skerry
- Tim Laman
- Cristina Mittermeier
- J Henry Fair
- Richard John Seymour
- George Steinmetz
- Steve Winter
Alongside their reflections, they present curated selections from their photographic careers.
Stories and extraordinary images from around the world come together in a powerful call to awareness and action.
- The United Nations has declared that nature is in more trouble now than at any other time in human history.
- Extinction looms over one million species of plants and animals.
- Human Nature wrestles with challenging questions: What do we have? What do we stand to lose?
This book offers inspiration to environmentalists, activists, photography fans, and anyone concerned about the future of our world.
- This illuminating book tackles our modern environmental future through the lens of preeminent photographers
- Great gift for photographers, nature enthusiasts, those who enjoy backpacking and camping, and anyone who cares about Earth’s climate and future
- Add it to the shelf with books like National Geographic The Photo Ark Vanishing: The World’s Most Vulnerable Animals by Joel Sartore, The Sixth Extinction: An Unnatural History by Elizabeth Kolbert, and Dire Predictions: The Visual Guide to the Findings of the IPCC by Michael E. Mann and Lee R. Kump
Learn more and get your copy today at Chronicle Books.
You May Also Enjoy
My heart is exploding with love and gratitude to all of you who made the Vital Impacts fundraiser for humanitarian aid a huge success. Thanks to the outpouring of support, the print initiative sold over $800,000 of iconic, fine art prints by some of the world’s most fascinating photographers. I am grateful for the generosity [ … ]
I am honored to launch a new Vital Impacts flash print sale with the photographers of National Geographic. 100% of profits will be donated to Direct Relief who are allocating these funds to the regions in the world in most need of humanitarian aid. They are working in Ukraine now to provide medical aid to [ … ]
World-respected, Montana-based photographer Ami Vitale has captured extraordinary scenes in more than 100 countries. Yet there’s one place that remains at the top of her list when it comes to creative inspiration: Northern Kenya. Since her first visit to the region in 2009, the Nikon Ambassador and National Geographic photographer has returned regularly to immerse [ … ]